Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bad News Tuesday....

So while not wanting to make my blog about my personal life I feel like I'll be helping a bunch of ladies out after they read this. So, a month and a few weeks ago I was at the doctor for a cold, and while there the nurse asked if I had scoliosis I told her as far as I know I do not, I've always been healthy and although I've had mild back pain I figured it was from lugging around my 50 pound 4 year old little boy all the time and such. She then told me to sit as straight as I could and told me I sat lopsided I was like okay, so she wrote me up to have an x-ray done and I delayed it because I had other tests and stuff I needed ran first. About 2 weeks ago I went and had that over due x-ray done on my back only to find out I do in fact have scoliosis, and something else showed too and that had me scared so my home doctor told me he scheduled me for a bone density test. I went last tuesday and got my bone density test done, TODAY this Tuesday my doctor sat me down for my results. I just turned 22, November the 6th of this year (2014) and I just found out today December 2, 2014 that I have Osteoporosis and Scoliosis! I'm super young to have this! Now I'm on awful medicine that could do my health worse as it gets better and I have to put off on trying for another baby atleast for another year until they see if my bones are getting stronger because this medicine I'm taking for it you can't be pregnant while taking it. I'm absolutely shaken and mortified that I'm 22 and have to endure this so early in my life. 22 going on 80 is what I have been joking around with everyone I talk to about it. Anywho, what I was trying to get at is 4 years ago I started the Birth Control Depo Shot after the birth of my only child. I was on it for 3 years straight and my last shot was October of 2013 which was a year ago, in that short 3 years of being on the shot a year after I quit (because I was having  all the bad side effects come to me 3 years later instead of when I first started the shot) I was told I have Scoliosis and Osteoporosis! I would not recommend that shot to my worst enemy and I do not understand why it isn't pulled off the market, I've also been trying since October of 2013 to conceive a second child and that's never happened. I am ovulating and having normal cycles so maybe it just isn't in God's timing. I just do not understand why ME?! I thought I was pretty healthy for my age I don't smoke or do anything bad, but apparently I'm not as healthy as I thought. Thanks for taking the time out to read this blog on my second day of #blogcember! I'm done rambling! I just want to warn everyone of that awful Birth Control Depo Shot that can ruin your health in such a short time span! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment